Friday, June 5, 2009

Six Week Body Makeover

Welcome to the Six Week Body Makeover blog. Before I get into the specifics about the blog, I would like to introduce myself and the reason why I have decided to do this blog.

All of my life, I have been never skinny and have been slightly overweight. When I was younger, I had an eating problem and would frequently snack or eat (even when I wasn't hungry). I believe the frequent snacking was due to an unconscious effort to relieve stress. Some people exercise, some people get angry, some people smoke and some people eat...I was one of those people.

I am around 5'8" and the most I've weighed in my life is around 200 lbs. When I was 200 lbs, I was still in high school and worked two part-time jobs. One job was at the local movie theater and the other was at a pizza place. At that time, working in a pizza joint had great perks as I could eat all the free food I wanted. However, I would end up eating a lot of fried foods at the pizza place and then go home and eat another meal. I didn't have time to exercise and when I did have time, I slept. Being 200 lbs was the low point of my life as I battled depression (due to many reasons) and being overweight. Over time I've learned to eat less and eat when I'm hungry, not stressed. I still slip up (a lot) but do not do it as frequently as I did in high school.

To this day, my weight fluctuates and I still battle my weight as I've never had a strict eating regimen. Sometimes I'll go out and have a triple cheeseburger with fries and some days I will eat tofu vegetables...my eating habits are never consistent. On the positive side, I do stay active and try to go to the gym every other day. This helps curb my hunger and also allows me to eat what I want (including fried chicken hehe).

I know that if I had a focused diet that was planned and laid out for me, I could lose more fat weight and gain muscle. I've never had a six pack my whole entire life and this is something I want to achieve before I'm 30 (I'm almost at that age, yikes!). I've stumbled onto the my body makeover website and was intrigued by the fact that I could lose weight by eating foods that were right for my body type. I've never tried diet plans before such as the South Beach Diet or Jenny Craig as I never could get into eating small portions or restrictive eating styles. From the website, it looked like the Michael Thurmond makeover diet was different than the rest as the diet was customized to different body types.

I ordered and received the kit, which cost about $140 (includes shipping and handling) and was impressed with amount of material that was included in the box. However, the negative part was that it took about two weeks for me to receive my kit (started to get worried!). My first tip is to allow at least two weeks for your box to arrive...if you are in a hurry, then you might become impatient and angry at the company. They do not have expediting shipping so all you can do is wait your two weeks. I guess during those two weeks you can pig out as much as you want :P.

This post is getting too long so I will explain what comes in the kit in my next six week body makeover post.

No comments:

Post a Comment